Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Mentor Name: Janna Hilligoss
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Chemistry, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing
- Hours per week:
- Regular hours but flexible as needed for school.
- Our team is working on clinical pharmaceutical studies for the treatment of a rare disease called Amyloidosis.
To date, no medications or treatment have developed for this rare and often fatal disease. Our work is dedicated to
development of caregiving and treatment modalities
- Internship Duties:
- Typical duties include management and monitoring of excel spreadsheets containing laboratory values, filing source
documents into patient charts, preparation of patient packets, labeling laboratory kits, etc.
- Student should be well versed in Microsoft Word and Excel. Student should be very detail oriented and able to learn quickly.