Pathology and Laboratory MedicineMentor Name: Janna Hilligoss
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Chemistry, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing
- Hours per week:
- Regular hours, but flexible as needed for school
- Our team is working on clinical pharmaceutical studies for the treatment of a rare disease called Amyloidosis. To date, no medications or treatment have developed for this rare and often fatal disease. Our work is dedicated to the development of caregiving and treatment modalities.
- Internship Duties:
- Typical duties include management and monitoring of Excel spreadsheets containing laboratory values, filing source documents into patient charts, preparation of patient packets, labeling laboratory kits, etc.
- Student should be well versed in Microsoft Word and Excel. Student should be very detail oriented and able to learn quickly.