PediatricsMentor Name: Brett McKinney
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Health Sciences, Nursing, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible with Tuesday night required
- Our research focuses on the prevention of type 2 diabetes in children and families. PowerHouse is our diabetes prevention program that helps kids and families by providing nutrition and physical activity weekly.
- Internship Duties:
- 1) Assisting with the development and implementation of nutrition and physical activity curriculum for youth in community and clinic settings, 2) assisting with data collection for various research studies, 3) conducting educational programming for youth and families, 4) entering research data into our databases, 5) engaging youth in activities during health coaching sessions, and 6) writing blogs and other social media outreach.
- It is required that interns are available on Tuesday evenings, 6:00–8:00 p.m., to assist with our diabetes prevention programming that takes place at the Boner Fitness and Learning Center in Indianapolis.