Pediatrics/NeonatologySupervisor: Zeynep Salih
- Internship Location:
Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Education, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Broadly, I do research in improving teamwork and communication and parents' experiences in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). I do research on emotional and spiritual needs of parents receiving care at the fetal center and neonatal intensive care at Riley. I teach ethics and communication skills to various learners and evaluate outcomes. I also do research on interprofessional teamwork education in the NICU setting.
- Internship Duties:
- 1. Conduct literature reviews in various data bases (will receive training from the medical school librarian) 2. Update and maintain the EndNote library of resources (will receive training from the medical school librarian) 3. Do interviews with parents and/or staff or observe physician parent interactions 4. Participate in qualitative analysis and writing manuscripts 5. Develop and analyze surveys using resources including RedCAP, 6. Help with organizing workshops
- Motivation and curiosity in learning about experiences of parents and/or staff in healthcare. Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills.