PediatricsMentor Name: Zeynep Salih
- Internship Location:
Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Dress Code:
- Casual or professional attire
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Education, Health Sciences, Informatics, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Broadly, I do research in improving teamwork and communication and parents' experiences in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). I use qualitative methods and plan to use surveys in assessing the needs of teams and parents working in the NICU.
- Internship Duties:
- Doing interviews or observations, participating in qualitative analysis and writing manuscripts, developing and analyzing surveys, doing literature searches, and helping with organizing workshops.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills.