PsychiatrySupervisor: Zachary Adams
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual for office
- Majors Preferred:
Computer and Information Science , Education, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Informatics, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Our team's work improves treatment services for youth and families who experience substance use and mental health concerns. We are an interdisciplinary team in the IU School of Medicine whose primary goals are to increase understanding of how co-occurring behavioral health problems develop and to improve access to high quality clinical services for youth and families impacted by trauma, mental health problems, and substance use. Several of our projects involve development and evaluation of novel applications of technology to improve quality of care.
- Internship Duties:
- Attend lab meetings and other pertinent meetings to learning objectives (e.g., psychiatry grand rounds, works-in-progress sessions), complete readings and orientation to lab concepts and procedures, prepare study materials, correspond with participants (phone, email), build online surveys, assist with data management, provide clerical support to PI, and research for staff as needed. There is a potential to assist with social media posts, manuscript preparations, etc. (based on interest and ability).