Indiana CTSI Clinical Research CenterMentor Name: Sharon Cromer
- Internship Location:
Medicine, IU Health University Hospital
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual for the office; scrubs for patient care
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Chemistry, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- The CRC is a 24-room unit in University Hospital where a variety of clinical research (over 200 studies) on campus is performed. We are a complete research facility with research studies from 18 departments on campus. We offer investigators the best in research administration and skilled nursing support. There are a variety of opportunities to enhance your health knowledge and life skills.
- Internship Duties:
- Interns will learn admin duties (e.g., data entry, protocol tracking, creating Excel reports, assist with monthly billing) and if desired/appropriate, nursing support activities (e.g., checking patients in/out, serving meals, collecting drugs from the pharmacy, vitals and phlebotomy—if you are a nursing student). Also, there will be possible learning opportunities in nutrition and in pediatric research.
- No special prerequisites required. All skills and certifications will be completed during internship.