Indiana CTSI Clinical Research CenterMentor Name: Sharon Cromer
- Internship Location:
Medicine, IU Health University Hospital
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual - for office; scrubs for patient care
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Chemistry, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- The CRC is a 24-room Unit in University Hospital where a variety of clinical research (over 200 studies) on campus is performed. We are a complete research facility with research studies from 18 Departments on campus. We offer investigators the best in research Administration and skilled Nursing support. There are a variety of opportunities to enhance your health knowledge and life skills.
- Internship Duties:
- Interns will learn admin duties (data entry, protocol tracking, creating Excel reports, assist with monthly billing) and if desired/appropriate, nursing support activities (checking patients in/out, serving meals, collecting drug from Pharmacy, vitals and phlebotomy - if you are a Nursing student). Also, possible learning opportunities in nutrition and in pediatric research.
- No special prerequisites required. All skills and certifications will be completed during internship.