Interprofessional Practice and EducationMentor Name: Rima Patel
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Actuarial Science/Economics, Anthropology, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer and Information Science , Education, Exercise Science, Forensic and Investigative Sciences, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Informatics, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Physics, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Interns help to design, prepare, and evaluate learning experiences that occur between health science professions. Interns experience interprofessional learning on several levels, including helping to prepare events for eight different health science schools. Interns assist in prepping them, implementing, and evaluating them, as well as serving as communication between the center and the learners. Interns will learn about the benefits of interprofessional collaboration and the education that leads future practitioners to work more effectively in teams.
- Internship Duties:
- Research interprofessional education experiences internationally, help to design elements of interprofessional learning events, participate in interprofessional learning, evaluate and assess effectiveness of interprofessional learning, coordinate social media communications of the center, and assist with traditional office duties and assisting the center's team with daily needs.