Physical Therapy Mentor Name: Terry Loghmani, PT, PhD
- Internship Location:
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- My research focuses on the effects of instrument-assisted soft tissue manipulation, a form of manual therapy, on stem cell mobilization, inflammation, pain and functional performance in rodents and humans. My aim is to better understand the effects of mechanical stimuli, mechanotherapies, on the underlying biological mechanisms and clinical outcomes of physical therapeutics.
- Internship Duties:
- An intern will likely need to handle rodents, assist with surgical and treatment procedures, data collection, tissue harvest and performing behavioral testing under my training. The intern may be exposed to and allowed to assist with ELISAs, Western Blotting, immuno-histostaining, qPCRs, flow cytometry. Data acquisition, entry and analysis may also be expected. Literature reviews and help with presentation preparations may be requested. Editorial and writing skills with familiarity in Word, PowerPoint and Excel would be useful.
- CITI training for IACUC