PediatricsMentor Name: Linda DiMeglio
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business Casual
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours.
- We are engaged in a variety of ongoing national clinical-translational research studies designed to examine prevention of type 1 diabetes, new technologies for management of diabetes, and new medications for persons with existing diabetes. Our activities include local study visits as well as attendance at regional events where screening of family members at risk of Type 1 Diabetes occurs.
- Internship Duties:
- He/she will work with Dr. DiMeglio as well as a team of research nurses, nurse practitioners, and other staff coordinating subject visits. Responsibilities will vary depending on the hours available, but will involve entering data after study visits, assisting with patient study visits and eventual assistance with recruiting and consenting of patients for ongoing protocols. The internship will also involve providing clerical help (filing) and may entail occasional library research. Independent research and writing are encouraged.
- Knowledge of Excel or other statistical analysis programs helpful. Familiarity with EndNote and Powerpoint also useful. Students will be expected to complete the human subjects protection certification through IUPUI after they start the internship program.