PathologyMentor Name: George Sandusky
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing
- Dress Code:
- Hours per week:
- 7 - 9
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Basic science resarch involving Digital imaging, image analysis, basic concepts of pathology cell death and degeneration, various types of necrosis, inflammtion, immunity, RNA/DNA, lung transplant work, cancer research, and imaging research.
- Internship Duties:
- Learn gross and microscopic pathology, basic concepts, good study design, how to handle tissues appropriately, fix, and stain tissues. Imagin analysis, learning Aperio whole slide imaging and positive pixel analysis. If forensics, work and gather data in Marion County morgue concerning cardiovascular and neuroscience projects.
- Complete the freshman year with basic chemistry and biology, or cell biology.