OB/GYNMentor Name: Brownsyne Tucker Edmonds
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business Casual, Professional Dress
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- I am an OB/GYN and health services researcher who studies Dr-Pt communication and clinical decision-making. My interests are in health disparities, medical ethics, social justice, and medical professionalism. The goal of my research is to promote shared decision-making in high risk obstetrical settings, particularly among socially and financially disadvantaged populations. I currently study topics ranging from resuscitation decisions for extremely preterm newborns, vaginal birth after cesarean-section, and the care of opiate-dependent pregnant women.
- Internship Duties:
- Examples include coding qualitative interviews, conducting literature reviews, assisting with call-outs for phone surveys, data entry, study recruitment, chart abstraction.
- Will need to complete CITI certification. Preference will be given to Spanish speakers.