Neuroscience AdministrationMentor Name: Casey Roell
- Internship Location:
- Dress Code:
- Business Casual, No Jeans
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Work with Neuroscience Research and Finance Administrators to assist with the administrative aspects of a large, multi-specialty research program. Assist with a variety of administrative activities and interact with a variety of research and administrative staff to facilitate clinical research within Neuroscience. Experience within an administrative area of research may enable students with an interest in business administration or healthcare management to shape their future academic and professional goals. The student internship is designed to be a learning experience and as such, the student may develop skills and knowledge in healthcare and business administration while accomplishing administrative and financial tasks.
- Internship Duties:
- Provide administrative support to finance, grants, and research administrators such as: administrative tasks; scheduling meetings; prepare text for newsletters; data entry into new Clinical Trial Management Software System; prepare invoices; participate in administrative and finance meetings and educational sessions; assist with study budget development and account reconciliation (all with appropriate training).
- Skills will be taught! Qualities required: enthusiastic attitude; strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; high attention to detail (both written and verbal); ability to concentrate with distractions; well-organized and efficient; ability to work independently; flexible and keen to learn new skills; eager to provide support to research administrators.