Physical Medicine and RehabilitationSupervisor: Dawn Neumann
- Internship Location:
Rehab Hospital of Indianapolis
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Opportunity to work closely with the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation clinical research team to assist with studies involving participants who have had neurological injuries. These studies vary from longitudinal studies aimed at understanding chronic problems with brain injury to clinical trials of interventions aimed at improving emotional and behavioral outcomes after brain injury. Position would involve interacting with members of a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, clinical researchers, psychological testers, clinical research specialists, and technicians.
- Internship Duties:
- Provide basic research support to clinical research team such as subject recruitment, data entry, data quality checks, subject assessments, and setting up research binders and charts for subject visits—all with appropriate training.
- Skills will be taught! Qualities required: interest in working with patients with neurological injuries resulting in emotional, behavioral, and cognitive impairments , enthusiastic attitude, team player, good interpersonal skills, compassion for others, willingness to learn, and eager to provide support to researchers as needed.