PediatricsMentor Name: Megan S. McHenry
- Internship Location:
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Casual/Business Casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Psychology, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Pediatric Global Health project while working here in Indiana!
I am a pediatrician and researcher who studies child development in children born to mothers with HIV living in Kenya. I need a few students to help with various aspects of my projects. I'm looking for 3 different types of students. 1) An excellent writer and copyeditor 2) A motivated pre-medicine/nursing student interested interesting in reviewing and summarizing current research 3) Psychology/Social Work/Pre-physicial Therapy/Pre-Occupational therapy student interested in helping to develop an intervention plan to improve child development.
- Internship Duties:
- Varies based off of the student. Tasks may includes, but are not limited to: writing, data entry, reviewing articles/scientific papers and extracting data.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, motivated, hard-working