PediatricsSupervisor: Megan S. McHenry
- Internship Location:
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Casual or business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Psychology, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Contribute to a pediatric global health project while working here in Indiana! I am a pediatrician and researcher who studies child development in children born to mothers with HIV living in Kenya. I need a few students to help with various aspects of my projects. I'm looking for three different types of students: 1) an excellent writer and copyeditor curious about the process of research studies, 2) a motivated pre-medicine/nursing student interested interesting in reviewing and summarizing current research on studies relaed to global health or early childhood development, and 3) psychology/pre-medicine student interested in performing research aimed to improve child development with our team in Kenya.
- Internship Duties:
- Duties will vary based on the student. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, writing, doing data entry, verifying data entries, learning to use research databases such as REDCap, assisting on implementation projects, reviewing articles and scientific papers, and extracting data.
- Should have ability to use Microsoft Word, be motivated, organized, hardworking, and an eagerness to try new things. There is a lot of individual autonomy as the majority of the work is done independently. However, the entire project is collaborative, emphasizing the importance of inter-personal professional skills.