PediatricsMentor Name: Megan S. McHenry
- Internship Location:
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Casual or business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Psychology, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Contribute to a pediatric global health project while working here in Indiana! I am a pediatrician and researcher who studies child development in children born to mothers with HIV living in Kenya. I need a few students to help with various aspects of my projects. I'm looking for three different types of students: 1) an excellent writer and copyeditor, 2) a motivated pre-medicine/nursing student interested interesting in reviewing and summarizing current research, and 3) psychology/social work/pre-physical therapy/pre-occupational therapy student interested in helping to develop an intervention plan to improve child development.
- Internship Duties:
- Duties will vary based on the student. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, writing, doing data entry, reviewing articles and scientific papers, and extracting data.
- Should have ability to use Microsoft Word, be motivated, and be hard-working.