Anatomy and Cell BiologySupervisor: Matt Allen
- Internship Location:
Medicine, Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- Casual, but lab appropriate (no open-toe shoes)
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biomedical Engineering, Exercise Science, Health Sciences
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- We study chronic kidney disease, trying to understand why bones break and why vessels calcify and to find new ways to prevent both. Our research team includes clinicians and basic scientists who have a wide variety of expertise (e.g., kidney disease, bone biology, engineering, cardiovascular biology).
- Internship Duties:
- Imaging (using CT), mechanical testing, histology, and isolated vessel experiments.