Adolescent Section, PediatricsMentor Name: Mary Ott
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Casual in office and professional in clinic
- Majors Preferred:
Nursing, Psychology, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Students participate in qualitative research projects, including recruitment, interviewing, and data management and organization. The Division of Adolescent Medicine conducts research in the areas of contraception access, pregancy prevention, and adolescent capacity for consent. Adolescent Medicine maintains youth and parent advisory boards to provide input on research and clinical programs and educates teens on health and sexuality.
- Internship Duties:
- Participate in research projects by recruiting at hospital/clinical sites, seeking informed consent, interviewing subjects, maintaing data, communicating with teams, and analyzing data. Recruit high school students, plan, and execute Parent and Youth Advisory Board meetings.
- Communication and critical thinking skills