PediatricsMentor Name: Lindsey Mayo
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- No open toed shoes
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience
- Hours per week:
- Monday morning lab meeting (9am)
- My laboratory works on several pathways that drive tumor metastasis and play a role in tumor resistance. We use many biochemical and molecular techniques in the laboratory. We generate cell lines by genetic manipulation, conduct histology, and perform mass spectrometry.
- Internship Duties:
- The student will learn to perform: Cell culture, western blotting, and genetic engineering.
- We can teach the student who has the desire and drive to be successful.