PediatricsMentor Name: Linda DiMeglio
- Internship Location:
Medicine, IU Health University Hospital, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Health Sciences, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Some morning availability preferable (since that is when participant visits often scheduled)
- Join a research team working to prevent type 1 diabetes, reverse disease progression, and improve patient quality of life. The student will assist with ongoing clinical-translational research studies of new technologies for management of diabetes, new medications for diabetes, and a clinical registry project for persons with type 1 diabetes. Intern will work with Dr. DiMeglio as well as a team of research nurses and other staff.
- Internship Duties:
- Responsibilities will vary depending on the hours available, but will involve entering data after study visits, assisting with patient study visits, and eventually, assisting with recruiting of participants for ongoing protocols. The internship will also involve providing some clerical help (filing) and occasional internet and library research. Independent research and writing are encouraged.
- Some experience with databases useful. Good writing skills also preferable.