Neurology, RadiologySupervisor: Liana Apostolova (LEADS)
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Professional (no suit and tie)
- Majors Preferred:
Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- This position is for an internship with the Longitudinal Early-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease Study (LEADS) within the Department of Neurology. This is an observational study that tracks changes in clinical measures, cognition, imaging, blood and cerebral spinal fluid biomarker/genetics among participants ages 40-64 with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) or mild Alzheimer’s disease (AD) for 600 participants and 100 age-matched controls.
Note: there are two projects with Dr. Apostolova. To select this one, choose Liana Apostolova (LEADS).
- Internship Duties:
Filing and chart organization,
Blood and cerebral spinal fluid collection kit preparation,
Request medical records,
Conduct phone screens,
Study visit reminder phone calls,
Data entry and source documentation upload,
Attending consensus meetings where clinical data/imaging are discussed and diagnosis is established,
Participation in clinical research meetings and educational sessions,
Observe and learn the general principles of clinical research,
Shadow opportunities to include: study coordinator, cognitive testing, neurologists’ physical and neurological exams, and imaging (MRI and PET),
Other duties as assigned by site supervisor or faculty mentor,
- You will complete CITI and HIPAA certification prior to starting on the study.