Neurology, RadiologySupervisor: Liana Apostolova, M.D., M.S.
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Professional (no suit and tie)
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- We study individuals with normal cognition or cognitive impairment (mild cognitive impairment and dementia). The major goal of our federally funded research center is to support, carry out, and facilitate research on Alzheimer disease and other neurodegenerative dementias. We collect and analyze clinical, cognitive, and multimodal biomarker (imaging, genetic, etc.) data from roughly 450 individuals with cognitive decline or normal cognition per year.
- Internship Duties:
- Typical duties of intern may include: filing and chart organization, scanning participant materials, requesting medical records, doing chart prep, mailing, conducting phone screens, interacting with study population, offering clinic support, making reminder calls, attending consensus meetings where clinical data and imaging are discussed and final diagnosis is established, and doing informant interviews during study visit (patient interaction). Shadowing opportunities may include: shadowing neurologists in the clinic, shadowing study coordinators running visits, shadowing MRIs and PETs, shadowing brain donation/autopsy, and shadowing cognitive testing.
- All interns will be required to take CITI and HIPAA certification prior to starting their work on the project.