Neurology, Radiology, Medical and Molecular GeneticsMentor Name: Liana Apostolova, MD, MS
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Professional (no suit and tie)
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- We study individuals with normal cognition or cognitive impairment (mild cognitive impairment and dementia). The major goal of our federally-funded research center is to support, carry out and facilitate research on Alzheimer disease and other neurodegenerative dementias. We collect and analyze clinical, cognitive and multimodal biomarker (imaging, genetic, etc) data from roughly 450 individuals with cognitive decline or normal cognition per year.
- Internship Duties:
- Typical duties an intern would have: Filing and chart organization Scanning participant materials Request medical records Chart prep Mailing Phone screens- interaction with study population Clinic support Reminder calls Attend consensus meetings where clinical data and imaging are discussed and final diagnosis is established Informant interviews during study visit (patient interaction) Shadowing opportunities: Shadow neurologists in clinic Shadow study coordinators running visits Shadow MRI, PETs Shadow brain donation/autopsy Shadow cognitive testing
- All interns will be required to take CITI and HIPAA certification prior to starting their work on the project.