Physical TherapyMentor Name: Dr. Kristine Miller
- Internship Location:
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- There are no specific dress requirements unless the student will have direct contact with human research subjects, which requires business casual dress.
- Majors Preferred:
Neuroscience, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Dr. Miller's work focuses on transitioning patients from the hospital to home and maximizing function after a neurological injury. The two primary aims of her work are: 1) engage post-rehabilitation patients in meaningful physical activity, and 2) maximize functional recovery for adults with a neurological health condition (e.g., stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson disease).
- Internship Duties:
- Subject recruitment, data entry, database development, data collection, assistance with protocol development, literature review, abstract and poster development, assistance with research interventions, and work with other student research assistants and interns.
- Good communication skills. Exposure to clinical settings preferred. Experience with individuals with disabilities preferred.