Physical TherapyMentor Name: Kristine Miller
- Internship Location:
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- There are no specific dress requirements unless the student will have direct contact with human research subjects, which requires business casual dress.
- Majors Preferred:
Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Neuroscience, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Dr. Miller's work focuses on transitioning patients from the hospital home and maximizing function after a neurological injury. The 2 primary aims of Dr. Miller's work are: 1) engage post rehabilitation patients in meaningful physical activity, and 2) Maximize functional recovery for adults with a neurological health condition (stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson disease).
- Internship Duties:
- Subject recruitment; Data entry; Data base development; Data collection; Assisting with protocol development; Literature review; Abstract and poster development; Assisting with research interventions; Working with other student research assistants and interns.
- Good communication skills. Exposure to clinical settings preferred. Experience with individuals with disabilities preferred.