Research in Medical EducationMentor Name: Dr. Komal Kochhar
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Health Information Administration, Health Services Management, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- We, at RIME, view Intern positions as a learning-by-doing opportunity that benefit the Office, School, as well as the learner.
- The intern will be responsible for assisting in the collection and entry of data from surveys and other assessment projects; and, carefully checking reports for accuracy.
- The intern will also have the ability to develop quantitative and qualitative research skills using software for data analysis.
- The Office of Research in Medical Education will provide the necessary training and guidance to complete assigned tasks.
- Opportunity to present at a local meeting may also be available.
- Internship Duties:
- Conduct literature reviews of peer-reviewed journals
Update and maintain the EndNote library of resources
Collect data and research-related information
Perform data entry, manually or by using the electronic scanning software
Create tables and graphs to illustrate the result of the data analysis
Assist with drafting accurate and professional reports
Participate in project discussions
Work as part of a great research team!
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both in written and verbal form. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.