NeurologySupervisor: Kimberly Collier
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Intern in the Neurology Department will work with the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) multidisciplinary clinical research team, including physicians, clinical research nurse, and research specialists to carry out clinical trials that investigate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of new drugs and treatments on patients with MS. Position will involve some limited interaction with study participants. Position will provide an understanding of how clinical trials are conducted.
- Internship Duties:
- Provide basic research support to clinical research team, such as setting up research binders and charts for subject (patient) visits, assisting with subject recruitment, processing multicenter drug safety reports, doing data entry, setting up lab kits, and organizing and arranging research supplies—all with appropriate training.
- Skills will be taught. Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel will be beneficial. Qualities required: enthusiastic attitude, team player, good interpersonal skills, compassion for others, willingness to learn, eager to provide support to researchers as needed, flexibility, and interest in working with people who have a neurological disorder/MS.