NeurologyMentor Name: Kimberly Collier
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Intern for Multidisciplinary Research Team in Neurology Department.
Work with the Multiple Sclerosis (MS) multi-disciplinary clinical research team including physicians, clinical research nurse, and research specialists to carrying out clinical trials which investigate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of newdrugs and treatments on patients with Multiple Sclerosis. Position would involve some limited interaction with study participants. Position will provide an understanding of how clinical trials are conducted.
- Internship Duties:
- Provide basic research support to clinical research team such as setting up research binders and charts for subject (patient) visits, assisting with subject recruitment, process multi-center drug safety reports, data entry, setting up lab kits, organizing and arranging research supplies, all with appropriate training.
- Skills will be taught! Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel will be beneficial. Qualities required: enthusiastic attitude, team player, good interpersonal skills, compassion for others, willingness to learn, eager to provide support to researchers as needed, flexibility, interest in working with people who have a neurological disorder/MS.