CardiologySupervisor: Judy Foltz
- Internship Location:
Medicine, IU Health Methodist Hospital
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Majors Preferred:
Exercise Science, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Nursing
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- This internship provides broad exposure to clinical and administrative duties performed by a top-notch clinical research facility. During this internship, you will be surrounded by a team of very experienced and knowledgeable health care professionals. You will have a vast range of opportunities, including but not limited to, having patient contact, assisting with project management, understanding the flow of patients from admission to discharge, and navigating electronic medical records (CERNER). This will help lay the groundwork for your future in the health care field.
- Internship Duties:
- 1) Assist with research study start-up and project management, 2) do data entry, 3) attend educational research team meetings, 4) shadow experienced research coordinators/nurses, 5) shadow experienced cardiologists, 6) observe various cardiology-related procedures and operations, 7) do chart preparation, 8) perform follow-up patient phone calls, 9) conduct patient eligibility screening, and 10) perform administrative tasks.
- A good attitude and a desire to learn!