CardiologyMentor Name: Judy Foltz
- Internship Location:
Medicine, IU Health Methodist Hospital
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Majors Preferred:
Exercise Science, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Nursing
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- This internship provides broad exposure to clinical and administrative duties performed by a top notch clinical research facility.
During this internship, you will be surrounded by a team of very experienced and knowledgeable healthcare professionals. You will have a vast range of opportunities, including but not limited to, patient contact, assisting with project management, understanding the flow of patients from admission to discharge, navigating electronic medical records (CERNER). This will help lay the groundwork for your future in the healthcare field.
- Internship Duties:
- 1) Assist with research study start up and project management
2) Data entry
3) Attend educational research team meetings
4) Shadowing experienced research coordinators/nurses
5) Shadowing experienced Cardiologists
6) Observing various cardiology related procedures/operations
7) Chart preparation
8) Perform follow-up patient phone calls
9) Patient eligibility screening
10) Administrative tasks
- A good attitude and a desire to learn!!!