Center for Public Health PracticeMentor Name: Joan Duwve
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Join the Center for Public Health Practice (CPHP) to learn how to improve the health of people where they live, work, study, and play. The CPHP works with state agencies, community-based organizations, and IUPUI faculty and students to support excellence in public health practice across the state of Indiana. Some of our key partners include the Indiana State Department of Health and county health departments. Project examples include sponsoring semi-annual Drug Take Back events on campus, acting as the student liaisons for the Public Health Corps, assisting with monthly public health INsights and INnovations webinars, managing social media accounts, researching health outcomes for the creation of annual county health profiles, and exploring other CPHP initiatives such as the bi-annual Indiana Public Health Conference and Project ECHO, a clinical telementoring program for primary care providers.
- Internship Duties:
- Assist the associate dean for practice and the Center for Public Health Practice (CPHP) staff with new and ongoing projects as part of the CPHP team. Duties may include developing PowerPoint presentations, completing literature searches, assisting with new project development and data analysis, and event planning.
- An interest in learning more about the practice of public health in Indiana.