Medical and Molecular GeneticsMentor Name: Janaiah Kota
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Majors Preferred:
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Understanding the pathophysiological role of noncoding miRNAs in pancreatic cancer and exploring their use as anti-cancer drugs. We will use a wide variety of model systems, such as cancer cell lines, mouse models, and human tissue biopsies, to dissect cancer mechanisms regulated by miRNAs and to evaluate the impact of miRNAs on cancer cell growth and migration in cell culture based assays.
- Internship Duties:
- Isolation of DNA/RNA—PCR and qPCR, culturing cells, and assisting PI, PhD, and fellows in conducting experiments.