Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Supervisor: Hyun Roh
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Majors Preferred:
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- The Roh lab studies how to program cellular identity and plasticity to cure metabolic disease. We use adipocytes (fat cells) as a model system and work toward understanding how to program adipocytes that enhance energy homeostasis, promoting metabolic health and protecting from metabolic disorders, such as obesity and diabetes. We use combined approaches of traditional molecular biology and physiology and cutting-edge next generation sequencing techniques.
- Internship Duties:
Molecular biology for cloning
Mammalian cell culture
RNA and protein analysis
- Passionate for science, self-motivated, well-organized, fearless to learn and work continually toward improvement.