Pharmacology and ToxicologySupervisor: Gustavo Arrizabalaga
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Lab appropriate attire
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Cell biology of the most common parasite in the world. Toxoplasma gondii infects a third of the world human populations. This parasite resides within cells and can cause devastating disease in infants and immunocompromised individuals. My laboratory is interested in understanding how the parasite enters and exits host cells.
- Internship Duties:
- Intern will learn standard molecular and cellular biology techniques, microscopy, tissue culture, and biochemistry.
- Basic understanding of molecular and cellular biology.