PsychiatrySupervisor: Dr. Michael Francis and Megan Gaunnac
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- The IU Psychotic Disorders Program (IUPDP) focuses on education, research, and treatment of individuals with schizophrenia. Work with the IUPDP clinical research team to assist with various functions of research, including data entry and checks. Position would involve interacting with members of a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, clinical research nurses, psychological testers, clinical research coordinators, specialists, and technicians.
- Internship Duties:
- Provide basic research support to the clinical research team, such as setting up research binders and charts for subject (patient) visits, escorting research participants to different procedures and tests, data entry, and organizing and arranging research supplies, all with appropriate training.
- Skills will be taught! Qualities required: enthusiastic attitude, team player, good interpersonal skills, compassion for others, willingness to learn, eager to provide support to researchers as needed, and flexibility.