PsychiatryMentor Name: Dr. Michael Francis and Megan Gaunnac
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- The IU Psychotic Disorders Program (IUPDP) focuses on education, research and treatment of individuals with schizophrenia.
Work with the IUPDP clinical research team to assist with various functions of research including data entry and checks. Position would involve interacting with members of a multi-disciplinary team including physicians, clinical research nurses, psychological testers, clinical research coordinators, specialists and technicians.
- Internship Duties:
- Provide basic research support to clinical research team such as setting up research binders and charts for subject (patient) visits, escorting research participants to different procedures and tests, data entry, organizing and arranging research supplies, all with appropriate training.
- Skills will be taught! Qualities required: enthusiastic attitude, team player, good interpersonal skills, compassion for others, willingness to learn, eager to provide support to researchers as needed, flexibility.