Pediatrics / Adolescent Medicine Supervisor: Eric Meininger
- Internship Location:
Medicine, Eskenazi Health, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual, no jeans or open toed shoes in clinical settings
- Majors Preferred:
Computer and Information Science , Education, Informatics, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Specific days/times required. Flexible within regular work hours - may need occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Research and programming for and on behalf of gender expansive adolescents. Students will have an opportunity to work with Adolescent Medicine staff on projects focused on supporting gender diverse youth and adolescents across the state. Projects center around working with Riley Hospital’s Gender Health Clinic, including implementation of a research study focused on patient and caregiver satisfaction with care and quality of life. Projects also include developing programming aimed at supporting homeless LGBTQIA+ youth, and helping to coordinate and recruit members for the youth advisory board.
- Internship Duties:
- This will be a varied position depending on interests and skill sets of the applicant - both what they bring to the table and what they are eager to learn. It will require self-motivation. Duties may include outreach to physical and online schools, participant recruitment from a clinical site, development of outreach materials - both digital and print, quality improvement projects, planning or supporting events, tabling at community venues, speaking to youth or parent groups, data entry, library research, writing, building coalitions among other things. There may be an opportunity to publish work or present at a national conference for adolescent medicine.
- The most critical quality needed is a strong connection to, or membership in gender expansive communities of Indiana. Beyond that, maturity, professional responsibility, an approachable and outgoing personality, and a non-judgemental attitude.