Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Supervisor: Emily L Mueller
- Internship Location:
Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing
- Hours per week:
- 4-6 hours
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Help our team create an mHealth tool for caregivers of children with cancer to help with medical management at home. Dr. Mueller and her research team are dedicated to learning more about how children with cancer and their caregivers experience their interactions with the healthcare system AND finding ways to improve these experiences. One way they are tackling this challenge is through the creation of an mHealth tool to support caregivers in the medical management of their child with cancer at home. The app will help with symptom tracking, medication management and reminders. Students will get to be part of an ongoing study working directly with caregivers in the medical setting to pilot the mHealth tool that is currently being created.
- Internship Duties:
- Duties will vary based on the student’s experience and desires. Tasks may include (but are not limited to) assisting with coordinating interviews with caregivers of children with cancer, abstracting data from medical records, participating in interviews with caregivers, and conducting literature reviews. If interested, we can create new projects aligned with your interests that align with the current projects. We work as a team and are looking forward to including you in our exciting research!
- Comfortable with having conversations with parents of children with medical issues is ideal.