Epidemiology Mentor Name: Brian Dixon and Jess Halterman
- Internship Location:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual, jeans allowed
- Majors Preferred:
Computer and Information Science , Informatics
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Join an initiative to connect social and behavioral information with clinical data to improve patient care and enable research.
Many of today's critical problems - like the opioid crisis - require looking at a complete picture. However, information lives in a variety of places and is often disconnected and disjointed. Regenstrief Institute is currently undertaking an initiative to connect these disparate sources of information to allow doctors, researchers, social workers, and public health to connect all the dots and tackle these major issues head-on. Work is just getting underway and the first step is building the infrastructure - both technical and administrative - that will enable this important project.
- Internship Duties:
- Duties can vary based on student background, but could include:
Background research ranging from data governance to technical specifications.
Assist with use case development and specification.
Assist with code development for the new infrastructure and data connections.
Actively participate in team meetings.
Assist with documentation and other pertinent artifacts.
- Will be required to complete HIPAA training (offered by Institute) and may be asked to complete CITI training (offered through University)