EpidemiologySupervisor: Brian Dixon and Jess Halterman
- Internship Location:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual, jeans allowed
- Majors Preferred:
Computer and Information Science , Informatics
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Join an initiative to connect social and behavioral information with clinical data to improve patient care and to enable research. Many of today's critical problems—like the opioid crisis—require looking at a complete picture. However, information exists in a variety of places and is often disconnected and disjointed. Regenstrief Institute is currently undertaking an initiative to connect these disparate sources of information to allow doctors, researchers, social workers, and public health officials to connect all of the dots and to tackle these major issues head-on. Work is just getting underway, and the first step is building the infrastructure—both technical and administrative—that will enable this important project.
- Internship Duties:
- Duties can vary based on student background, but could include: doing background research ranging from data governance to technical specifications, assisting with use case development and specification, assisting with code development for the new infrastructure and data connections, participating actively in team meetings, and assisting with documentation and other pertinent artifacts.
- Will be required to complete HIPAA training (offered by institute) and may be asked to complete CITI training (offered through university)