Cellular and Integrative Physiology Mentor Name: David Basile
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Lab coat and personal protective equipment will be provided in necessary.
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Health Sciences
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours.
- Investigation into the cellular and molecular pathways governing acute and chronic kidney disease.
We are interested into understanding the nature of kidney injury which leads to a reduction in function and the processes that may mediate kidney repair. Injured kidneys may recovery function or may progress toward chronic kidney disease. Factors associated with progression involve impairment in vascular and immune cell function, which represent areas for the potential development of therapies to mitigate progression of chronic kidney disease.
- Internship Duties:
- Work with rats and assist with surgeries or collecting tissue and blood samples for measurement. The intern will conduct measurements of various biochemical and histoloical parameters of disease using biochemical assays, tissue staining techniques and microscopy