Neurology Mentor Name: Christina Brown
- Internship Location:
Medicine, IU Health Methodist Hospital
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual, no jeans.
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Health Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours.
- The IU Alzheimer's Clinical Trials team conducts a multitude of drug trials aimed at preventing dementia and improving lives.
Work with the Alzheimer's disease clinical research team to assist with neuropsychological and cognitive testing. Position would involve interacting with members of a multi-disciplinary team including physicians, clinical research nurses, psychological testers, clinical research coordinators, specialists and technicians.
- Internship Duties:
- Provide basic research support to clinical research team such as setting up research binders and charts for subject (patient) visits, escorting research participants to different procedures and tests, interviewing the caregivers of Alzheimer's disease patients on the patient functioning and abilities, data entry, handling and processing lab specimens, setting up lab kits, organizing and arranging research supplies, all with appropriate training.
- Skills will be taught! Qualities required: enthusiastic attitude, team player, good interpersonal skills, compassion for others, willingness to learn, eager to provide support to researchers as needed, flexibility, interest in working with people who have cognitive impairment related to Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.