Psychiatry Mentor Name: Carrie Fisher
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Assist with several studies focusing on the genetics of various disorders such as alcoholism and bipolar disorder. We conduct family studies where illness runs through the family. We do diagnostic interviews, obtain blood samples for genetic studies, and administer a variety of other assessments.
- Internship Duties:
- Assisting with recruitment, including finding people who have moved or we lost contact with, as well as new families that qualify to participate. There is some data entry, shipping of blood samples, and reporting-type tasks.