Biomedical and Applied Sciences Mentor Name: Angela Bruzzaniti
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- casual with safety requirements
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Our lab is focused on studying the bone cells that control bone mass with the long term view of treating bone diseases and regenerating bone. The research will include analysis of the bone phenotype of transgenic mice that have either high or low bone mass; perform cell-based experiments to understand how osteoclasts degrade bone and/or how osteoblast make bone; examine the interaction of the bone cells with each other and in the presence of different compounds to increase bone mass.
- Internship Duties:
- Perform supervised and independent experiments using cells or tissues. Perform biochemical assays, Western blotting, PCR and histology. Analyze data, prepare graphs, write reports and present findings at meetings. Contribute to proper functioning of laboratory though research-related activities.
- Good hand skills, fast learner, independent but can also work with others, good basic computer skills, previous lab experience helps but is not essential