PathologyMentor Name: Becky Sanchez
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- closed toed shoes, general lab safety requirements
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Neuroscience
- Hours per week:
- flexible within regular work hours
- Heart? Brain? We got 'em and study them both.
We are actively looking for individuals that are interested in getting experience in a research laboratory setting. The Wills-Schisler lab uses observations from clinical-based studies such as GWAS, exome sequencing, metabolomics, and methylation to develop molecular, cellular, and animal-based models to understand the pathophysiological impact of these observations. Disease areas include genetic mutations, cerebellar ataxias, accelerated aging, atherosclerosis, cardiac hypertrophy, and cardiac/skeletal muscle wasting. We employ dietary, exercise, and pharmacological interventions to improve health and quality of life. Basic duties consist of but are not limited to: 1.) Assisting with mouse work 2.) Genotyping 3.) Autoclaving/Making Buffers and solutions, etc. Interested students should check out the institute: ICMH (https://goo.gl/Qqjw3a) , our publications: https://goo.gl/u52sqK and https://goo.gl/2yefe7, and our website https://goo.gl/z1Qdka. We have a hard-working, focused lab that creates a great environment. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions.
- Internship Duties:
- Typical duties or tasks of this position: 1.) Assisting with mouse work 2.) Genotyping 3.) Autoclaving/Making Buffers and solutions, etc.
- Basic laboratory skills preferred, ex. pipetting, but not required Must be comfortable/open to working with mice