PediatricsSupervisor: Dr. Anna Neyman
- Internship Location:
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, Medicine
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Business Casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer and Information Science , Exercise Science, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Informatics, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- This internship will be focused on pediatric type 2 diabetes (T2D). Unfortunately, the incidence and prevalence of T2D is growing, and persons diagnosed with T2D as adolescents are at higher risk for worse outcomes than adults. We are working on maintaining our pediatric T2D registry to help answer important clinical questions and improve the quality of care for our patients.
- Internship Duties:
- Assisting to maintain our pediatric T2D registry. We will also work together to find a clinical project of interest to you that will utilize the registry to help answer an important clinical question.
- Attention to detail, understanding of the scientific method, interest in exploring new subjects, familiarity with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, and interest in helping our pediatric diabetes population