Health SciencesMentor Name: Amber Comer
- Internship Location:
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Physics, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Step out of the lab and into the hospital. Gain hands-on clinical research in stroke and palliative care! Gain hands-on clinical research experience by aiding in the completion of a medical chart review study that will be conducted to answer questions about stroke prognosis, stroke outcomes, and the use of palliative care as an intervention for stroke patients.
- Internship Duties:
- Abstract patient information from hospital medical charts. Conduct literature reviews of scientific publications.