Health SciencesMentor Name: Amber Comer
- Internship Location:
Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Physics, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Step out of the lab and into the hospital. Gain hands on clinical research in stroke and palliative care! Gain hands on clinical research experience by aiding in the completion of a medical chart review study that will be conducted to answer questions about stroke prognosis, stroke outcomes, and the use of palliative care as an intervention for stroke patients.
- Internship Duties:
- Abstract patient information from hospital medical charts.
Conduct literature reviews of scientific publications.