PediatricsMentor Name: Yan Liu
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Forensic and Investigative Sciences, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Investigate the molecular mechanisms that regulate normal and cancer stem cells, develop novel cancer therapies, and cure cancer. Research in the Liu lab is currently focused on 1) determining the role of the mutant p53 in leukemia stem cell self-renewal and leukemogenesis and 2) determining the role of phosphatase PRL2 in leukemia stem cell self-renewal and leukemogenesis.
- Internship Duties:
- Perform molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell culture works.
- Molecular biology, biochemistry, and chemistry.