Orthopaedic Surgery Supervisor: Stephen Schlecht, PhD
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Veterinary Medicine
- Dress Code:
- Long pants and closed toed footwear.
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Exercise Science
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- My lab focuses on ACL injuries in children in adolescents. We are interested in both injury prevention and surgical repair. My lab uses mice, human cadavers, and patient tissue to investigate how the knee joint and ACL develop, respond to exercise and mechanical forces, and accumulate damage during growth. We also look at the physiological processes involved in healing as well as that which occurs following and ACL injury.
- Internship Duties:
- Main tasks performed in my lab are three-dimensional imaging/analysis, tissue histology, immunohistochemistry, gene expression analyses, protein analyses, and mechanical loading.