Regenstrief Institue - Center for Biomedical InformaticsSupervisor: Dr. Titus Schleyer and Dr. Rebecca Rivera
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing
- Dress Code:
- Business Casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Computer and Information Science , Education, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Informatics, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- We study innovative health information technology that promotes the exchange of patient data across different clinical settings. Specifically, we evaluate our award-winning app that enables busy emergency department (ED) physicians to make better informed clinical decisions by quickly accessing a patient’s most important health data from different healthcare settings. First, we are interested in using surveys and interviews to assess physicians’ perceptions of and motivations to use the app. Next, we will measure whether the app increases use of patient data and the impact on healthcare processes. Contributing to this project will provide you with exposure to clinical informatics, training in research methods, experience working with data, and mentorship by research scientists.
- Internship Duties:
- 1) Assist with qualitative assessments of ED physicians, such as surveys and interviews, 2) compile and prepare data for analysis, 3) assist with data analysis, and 4) other duties as assigned.
- Interns will be required to complete HIPAA training (offered by the institute) and to complete research ethics and best practices training through the CITI Program (offered online through the university).