PediatricsSupervisor: Dr. Rebecca McNally Keehn
- Internship Location:
Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Education, Health Sciences, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Dr. McNally Keehn is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine and practicing clinical psychologist. She is an expert in the early diagnosis of young children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Dr. McNally Keehn’s research is focused on improving access to evidence-based early diagnosis and intervention services for children with ASD through development, evaluation, and dissemination of innovative systems of care. Dr. McNally Keehn leads the research efforts of a statewide network of primary care practices committed to lowering the age of ASD diagnosis through improving rates of developmental screening and providing diagnostic evaluations for toddlers at-risk for ASD. She has also led the implementation of several research projects at the Riley Child Development Center which aim to better understand the use of telehealth for the diagnosis of young children at risk for ASD and other neurodevelopmental disabilities during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Students working with Dr. McNally Keehn will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of these research efforts which ultimately aim to improve the lives of young children with ASD and their families.
- Internship Duties:
- Tasks may include, but are not limited to, conducting literature reviews, data entry and management, medical record chart abstraction, supporting the research team in preparation for research evaluations, and gaining experience with scientific writing through preparing tables/figures, citation management, and editing manuscripts.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.