PediatricsSupervisor: Leslie A. Enane, MD
- Internship Location:
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, Medicine
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Informatics, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Study HIV Care and Outcomes for Adolescents Globally. Adolescents living with HIV face many challenges in their treatment, such as stigma, isolation, and mental health issues, causing poor outcomes in this group. This mixed-methods research program explores barriers and facilitators to care and scalable interventions to improve adolescent HIV outcomes in East Africa and in other settings. Students with an interest in qualitative research and/or global health may be particularly interested in this work.
- Internship Duties:
- Reviewing and summarizing literature, participating in systematic literature reviews, preparing tables or figures, reading and analyzing interview and focus group texts, helping to design power point presentations, and contributing to manuscripts.
- Required skills include: excellent reading, writing, and critical thinking skills. Any coursework related to anthropology, public health, infectious diseases, or social sciences would be very helpful.