Physical TherapySupervisor: Kristen Metzler-Wilson
- Internship Location:
Health and Human Sciences
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
- Hours per week:
- Specific days/times required; may require 2–3 hour blocks of time
- This neuroscience lab focuses on how people respond to autonomic (fight or flight) stresses that are given in a manner that increases clinical signs and symptoms in people with certain conditions. One such condition currently being investigated is rosacea. In these studies, human patients' and controls' responses are compared using topical drugs under stress conditions that trigger increases in skin blood flow.
- Internship Duties:
- Data collection and analysis, subject interaction, and general administrative and laboratory tasks.
- Motivated students who are interested in learning new things.