Dental School—Global Service LearningSupervisor: Jeffrey E Steele
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Optometry
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Anthropology, Computer and Information Science , Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Public Health, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- The duties are broad with a lot of opportunity to use one’s strengths while also expanding one’s experiences. I can initially discuss the many options and ask that the student choose from within the list. I need someone to search for grants and to initiate their filing. I need help starting a member’s only blog or discussion group for U.S. dental school global program directors. I will possibly be planning a conference and will need help making such a success. The student must be interested in researching new locations where future programs can take students to make an impact, yet be impacted by culture.
- Internship Duties:
- I need someone with self-initiative who can take an idea and run. This person must be comfortable with online searches, phone calls, email coordination, and relationship building. I also need someone inherently organized who can take past and future information and file it for future reference. In addition, we have supplies stored that must be organized in preparation for upcoming trips.