Medical and Molecular GeneticsSupervisor: Gena Antonopoulos
- Internship Location:
- Dress Code:
- business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Nursing, Neuroscience, Psychology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Assist in multiple ongoing Parkinson's disease research efforts. Assist with research efforts studying Parkinson's disease for a large multi-site study. Indiana University serves as the core leads for genetic screening/counseling, olfaction deficit screening, travel coordination to participating sites, and brain tissue donation upon death. Position will assist with data entry, validation checks, participant outreach, and DNA/olfaction kit distribution and tracking. Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Internship Duties:
- Data entry, quality assurance/monitoring of data; participant communication to include collection of information and visit reminder calls; DNA and olfaction kit assembly, distribution, tracking and receipt; and compliance reporting
- Must have excellent attention to detail. Data is used to determine participant eligibility, publications and potential treatments.