Family MedicineSupervisor: Emilee Delbridge, PhD, LMFT
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
- Dress Code:
- Business casual at times
- Majors Preferred:
Health Sciences, Neuroscience, Psychology, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Understanding the referral and treatment patterns in an Integrated Behavioral Health primary care for mental health concerns. Patients seen by their Family Doctor often report having depression or anxiety. At our clinic, we have counselors who see patients referred for counseling. We want to better understand if patients improve with counseling and medical treatment--and what helps them get better. This research will focus on reviewing referrals and the types of treatment that patients receive. We hope this information with better inform the movement across Indiana towards Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care settings.
- Internship Duties:
- Literature review on effective integrated behavioral health. Chart review of mental health referrals (including HIPPA-protected information). Chart tracking of mental health outcomes (mental health counseling, medications, and other treatment support). Entering information into data system (i.e., RedCap).
- Ability to follow HIPPA-compliant practices, including dealing with private health information.