DepartmentSupervisor: Casey Bales
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Education, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Informatics, Journalism / English / Technical Communication, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Public Health
- Hours per week:
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Help in the fight to cure breast cancer. Our multi-faceted project involves stakeholders at every level. The foundation of our project is communicating with our patients and provider. We have a heavy focus on collecting TNBC tissue, genomically characterizing samples, and developing new clinical trials. We work with a diverse team of basic science researchers, clinicians, and university cores to accelerate research into the causes, prevention, and cure of Triple Negative Breast Cancer. We have a special interest in the vast disparity in cancer mortality rates in the African American community.
- Internship Duties:
- The student intern will work with the TNBC work stream staff on various projects, including patient education materials, communication plans for social media, record requests, data processing, and clean-up, sample quality control, assist with preparations for and participate in events.
- Strong communication skills including being comfortable talking and writing to many different people. Excel experience required. Detail oriented and self-starter. Should have the ability to use Microsoft Word, be motivated, organized, hardworking, and an eagerness to try new things.