Regenstrief Institute—Center for Health Services ResearchSupervisor: Ann Cottingham
- Internship Location:
- Pre Professional Interests Preferred:
Pre-Medicine, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Occupational Therapy, Pre-Physical Therapy
- Dress Code:
- Business casual
- Majors Preferred:
Biology, Health Information Administration, Health Sciences, Health Services Management, Medical Humanities and Health Studies, Neuroscience, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology
- Hours per week:
- Flexible based on student needs
- Flexible within regular work hours
- Ann Cottingham is the Director of Research in Health Professions Education and Practice with the Regenstrief Institute and Indiana University School of Medicine where she co-directs the ASPIRE (Advanced Scholars Program for Internists in Research and Education) program. Ann is a health services researcher with a focus on spiritual, religious and psychological dimensions of illness and care, the role of community organizations in enhancing health, and health care team communication. She is currently leading a study to enhance health care for patients from diverse spiritual and cultural traditions and co-directing a study to examine and measure discrimination and microaggression toward clinicians of diverse spiritual and cultural backgrounds. She also co-directs a study exploring the experiences of parents and clinicians addressing the challenges of fatal fetal diagnosis and and a study examining the experiences of clinicians participating in code blue medical emergencies.
- Internship Duties:
- Internship duties may include (but are not limited to): entering data in databases, verifying/checking data, coding/analyzing qualitative data, assisting with manuscript/poster development (potential opportunity for co-authorship), preparing study mailings, recruiting/consenting human subjects, attending study enrollment and data collection events, transcribing qualitative interviews, and checking transcripts for accuracy against recordings.
- Motivated and organized students who are attentive to detail and passionate about learning new things in a supportive and collaborative environment are encouraged to apply!